So I’ve had three blog award nominations in the past month, but I’ve been really slack at following up and posting my replies! So I’ve combined them all for this post.
I’ve been chosen by both Kate from The Minted Beauty and Dom from The Social Chameleon for the Versatile Blogger Award (meaning they love the unique-ness of my blog), and Kate again for the Sunshine Blogger Award (meaning she thinks I’m positive and inspiring).
I know there are a lot of bloggers out there that don’t understand these chain-mail type ‘awards’, but I am always completely chuffed because it means people are reading my blog & enjoying my rambling opinions. Plus I think a blog is more enjoyable when you know a little bit about the person behind it!
The rules for both of these are to list a certain number of facts about yourself. I’m just going to sit somewhere in the middle and list 9 facts:
1. When I need a good cry, I watch If Only. Seriously – I’ve watched it over 10 times and I think it actually gets more upsetting every time.
2. My feet are always cold. So naturally, I find it hilarious to put them on my boyfriend’s stomach in the middle of winter 😉
3. When I was 14 I created a website dedicated to the computer game Dogz 3.
4. I’m still jealous of Lady Lovely Locks for having Pixietails.
5. I used to be a long distance runner, but I get really awful stitches due to scoliosis (slightly curved spine) pinching some nerves on my right side. But I still love to run!
6. However, more than running, I love to eat (she says, with a pile of Fantales wrappers on her desk and Asian After Work open on the side). Exercise is mandatory, but eating is a total pleasure.
7. I love the thick eyebrow trend, and have only just discovered the joy of brow tint – I’ll be reviewing the Australis ‘Tint My Brow‘ within the next week.
8. I love shoes, but I hate shoe shopping. My feet are long and narrow, my toes and long and narrow, and nothing ever fits properly.
9. One of the reasons I chose to start a beauty blog was so that I could appreciate different ideals of beauty. I’ve spent a long time struggling with my looks and focusing on my supposed ‘flaws’, so it’s a relief to focus on how a product works with my features, and to see how confident and happy other beauty bloggers are in their own skin.