I’m thrilled to bits that the fabulous Kate from The Minted Beauty has nominated me for The Liebster Award! After only one month of blogging, this is kind of a big deal – thanks so much for the support.
The Liebster award is for up & coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It’s an awesome way to find some new blogs and congratulate beginners. Here are the rules as per Kate’s post:
1. You have to link back to the person that nominated you.
2. You must answer the 11 Liebster questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
3. You have to nominate another 11 bloggers who have under 200 followers (I’m basing this on Bloglovin’) to pass the award to.
4. You have to come up with 11 other questions for your nominees.
5. You have to notify the bloggers whom you have nominated.
6. Some bloggers can also include 11 random facts about themselves, but this is optional.
HERE ARE MY ANSWER’S TO KATE’S QUESTIONS:
1. What is your dream holiday destination?
Italy, but more specifically the west coast of Italy! I’ve been to Venice, Florence & Rome (typical tourist!), but it was going into winter so there was no point visiting the coast. However, I adored every single person that I met in Italy, and it’s the one cuisine I could never get sick of, so a holiday on the Amalfi coast would be heaven!
2. Which blogger do you admire most?
I think it would have to be Emma over at My Fair Lipstick, as that was the blog that encouraged me to start Bubbles & Blush in the first place. It’s so admirable what she’s done, promoting cruelty free products, and it made me realise that gorgeous skincare & beauty products don’t have to cost a fortune.
3. What is your ‘day job’?
I work in product for a major publishing house. My actual job is basically data entry, and product isn’t where I want to stay, but the company and the people are amazing, so I’ve got my fingers crossed for a social media marketing position to appear before my feet become too itchy…
4. What is your favourite dessert?
Oh my gosh. Do I really have to choose just one!? I think it would have to be cheesecake. Just a classic French vanilla cheesecake, you really can’t go wrong with that. (or a vanilla panna cotta. or a white chocolate creme brulee. or snickerish from the No Bake Makery. or these delicious chocolate & salted caramel cookies a colleague made last week…)
5. If you could time travel, where or when would you go?
I think I’d go back to the 1940’s. Only if it could be guaranteed that I’d be in the upper class though – that might sound selfish, but I want to experience the razzle dazzle of the 1940’s, swing music and cocktail parties a la Gatsby!
6. Where do you see yourself in five years time?
I have always hated this question. Ok, five years – I would be 31. Hopefully living in an apartment that I own (and one I can decorate/renovate!) with my husband (well, by then I hope he will be!), with a career that I love and a whole lot of wine. And if all goes well… I’ll still be blogging!
7. What was the worst trouble you ever got into at school for?
Bah – I was a total goody goody. I barely remember ever getting in trouble!
8. What is your favourite scent? (It can be anything, food, flowers, perfume, etc)
Port wine magnolias – that is the smell of spring/summer to me. We had a few in the backyard of the family home, and I loved sitting next to them with a good book.
9. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I struggle massively with social anxiety – and I would love to know what it’s like to live without that constant fear and worry of what other people are thinking (logically, I know they’re probably not paying me a second thought… but logic is not my strong point!)
10. What is one thing that’s non-essential that you never leave the house without (don’t include wallet, keys, etc)?
Lip balm! My lips are always dry, and I have the terrible habit of chewing them when I’m bored/anxious/hungry/anything!
11. What skill would you love to learn?
I’d love to learn another language – I’ve been planning on taking Italian classes for the past year, but keep getting distracted and not committing to anything. I also wish I could wink properly… it always comes out way too exaggerated, or basically just a blink instead.
MY NOMINATIONS FOR THE LIEBSTER AWARD:
1. Libby at SplishSplasch
2. Haylee at Dry, Dammit!
3. Ruku at The Beauty Beast Blog
4. Stephanie at Luxury on the Lips
5. Nhi at Sincerely Blushaholic
6. Tegan at Tegania’s Thoughts
7. Jessi at Jessi in Wonderland
8. Tashi at Shiwashiful
9. Amber at Lovely Notions
10. Tegan at Beauty Challenged
11. Celina at The Celution
AND QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:
1. If you only had time to see ONE animal at the zoo, which would it be?
2. What is the inspiration behind your blog name?
3. If you could only use one beauty product for the rest of your life, what would it be?
4. Chocolate or biscuits?
5. What did you want to be when you were younger?
6. What was the last book you read?
7. If you won the lottery, who would/wouldn’t you tell & why?
8. Do you own any pets? If not, what pet would you own if you could?
9. What advice would you give to your 10-year old self?
10. Tea or coffee?
11. Which celebrity’s style do you love?
If you complete these questions then please comment on this blog post, or tweet me! I can’t wait to see your responses 🙂
AND FINALLY, 11 THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT ME:
1. The smell of bananas makes me want to vomit, so I make more tea than I actually want during the day just so I can escape rude colleagues who enjoy eating super ripe bananas at their desks. Eurgh.
2. I have a black lop-eared bunny called Biscuit; he’s 4 years old and we take him out to brunch in a small animal carrier that looks like a handbag
3. I lived in the family home for 3 years whilst studying – by myself, because my parents had moved out.
4. I’ve worked in: a local bakery, a company that installed electronic locking systems, a homewares wholesaler, a fashion company, casting and publishing. And I’m still not sure I’ve figured it out.
5. My first pair of glasses were pale pink with a tiny plastic bow on them. Unfortunately, this was before Hello Kitty and hipsters.
6. I used to run cross country when I was younger, and I wish I still had that motivation and determination! Nowadays wine and tapas are much more tempting.
7. I had to read Bonfire of the Vanities for uni, and my lecturer hated it – so I set out to prove him wrong in my essay, getting my best mark yet & successfully changing his opinion about the book!
8. I worked full-time for 5 years before going to uni – I completed a Bachelor of Media & Communications through UNE last year, and I did it all full-time by correspondence.
9. I also had no life for 3 years. What are these uni parties I heard so much about? None of that when you’re studying alone, from home!
10. I’m a sucker for teen shows – The Vampire Diaries and Pretty Little Liars are my favourites – and I still watch The OC once a year (and cry, a lot, every time it ends).
11. I got my belly button pierced on the final day of Schoolies, whilst waiting for my friend’s ear to stop bleeding (don’t get a piercing if you’ve been drinking…), and even though nobody ever sees it, I still love it.
Thanks again to Kate for nominating me, this has been so much fun – and I can’t wait to read what my nominees have to say!